Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fwd: Hillslope issue in Penang



From: "Ir. Dr. Gue See Sew" <ssgue@pc.jaring.my>
Date: July 30, 2012 16:41:01 GMT+08:00
To: "'Yan Lee'" <leeyan.c@gmail.com>
Cc: <hiyah@mppp.gov.my>, <limguaneng@penang.gov.my>, <chowkonyeow@penang.gov.my>
Subject: RE: Hillslope issue in Penang
Reply-To: <ssgue@pc.jaring.my>

Dear Yan Lee,

 

Thanks and noted.

 

Warmest Regards,

Ir. Dr. Gue See Sew


From: Yan Lee [mailto:leeyan.c@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 3:32 PM
To: <ssgue@pc.jaring.my>
Cc: <hiyah@mppp.gov.my>; <limguaneng@penang.gov.my>; <chowkonyeow@penang.gov.my>
Subject: Re: Hillslope issue in Penang

 

noted.

 

I enquired about monitoring systems done overseas, apologys for the miscommunication. Thank you for the email.

 

I hope we can introduce a system for Penang, the main purpose being to keep the people of Penang properly imformed to allay their fears of hillslope development.

 

Regards

On Jul 30, 2012, at 15:13, "Ir. Dr. Gue See Sew" <ssgue@pc.jaring.my> wrote:

Dear Yan Lee,

I am surprised to read your email to YDP.

I didn?/font>t talk to you or anybody on system used in Australia or England.

On CCTV, I mentioned JKR has introduced it in some of their projects.

Warmest Regards,

Ir. Dr. Gue See Sew

-----Original Message-----

From: Geotechnics Professionals [mailto:gnp-geo@gnpgroup.com.my]

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 9:12 AM

To: ssgue@pc.jaring.my

Subject: FW: Hillslope issue in Penang

 

-----Original Message-----

From: Yan Lee [mailto:leeyan.c@gmail.com]

Sent: Sunday, 29 July 2012 10:47 AM

To: Patahiyah Bt Ismail

Cc: gnp-geo@gnpgroup.com.my; limguaneng@penang.gov.my;

chowkonyeow@penang.gov.my

Subject: Hillslope issue in Penang

 

YDP

I attended a discussion with Dr Gue yesterday.

In summary of my suggestion to Dr Gue, was that :

1. a form of monitoring system for slope development 2. publish live on MPPP

website of the projects 3. make the developers pay for this system, they

will channel it to the end user anyway.

4. Dr Gue to advise on new accurate, state of the art system being currently

used in Australia or England where the safety of residents is PARAMOUNT.

5. This live feed shall give the people confidence in hillslope

developments.

6. a concern with hillslope development for the lay person is not

understanding whats being done.

7. there is also a misconception fueled by 50 over years of BN rule, that

the civil service like MPPP cannot be trusted to take care of us.

Salam Bersih Malaysia

Thank you for a new Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment